Thank you so much for a great 2022 Altamont Fair!
Can't wait to see you next year!
One price ticket includes admission, attractions, parking, music, The Royal Hanneford Circus, and UNLIMITED RIDES!
Special FREE admissions on Wednesday, August 17 for Seniors, Military & Grange!
Senior Citizens (Age 65 and up) Free Admission with ID all day!
Grange Members Free Admission with ID all day!
Armed Services Day Free Admission with ID all day! (Active Military & Veterans)
Thanks to Dreamland Amusements - These special admissions include RIDES!
Children under 36" are free everyday. There are height restrictions on the midway rides, children under 36" are not permitted on Midway rides, - there are 3 rides for under 30" and adults may ride with younger children on the Big Wheel and Merry Go-Round. there are also multiple Kid Zones around the Fairgrounds
Limited rides are available for children 36"- 48".
Please note: at the gate wristband sales end one hour before closing
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover at all gates.
We accept the New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs, Inc. pass.
This pass includes admission, parking, shows and entertainment - this pass does not include rides.
- ATM -There are four ATM machines available on the Fairgrounds: Gate 2, Main Line Tap Room, Grandstand, Hometown Heroes.
- Smoking is prohibited in any Fairground building. There are four designated smoking areas:Gate 3, Infield behind the Circus Museum, Kiddieland near Archery, The Barnyard.
- First Aid Station is at Gate 4 near Main Line Tap Room.
- Baby Changing Stations are located in the restrooms, both Men and Women.
- Breast Feeding Stations are located at the Reid Northrup Stage and 4-H at Gate 1.
- Lost & Found items will be brought to the Administration Bldg, at 7pm goes to the Communications Office.
- All emergency concerns should be directed to security or fairground personnel.Security personnel is on duty 24 hours a day during the Fair, both on the grounds and at Gate 2.
NO Pets allowed on the Fairgrounds at any time.
Service Dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for persons with disabilities, will be admitted. All service dogs MUST HAVE PROOF of rabies vaccination to enter the grounds.
DO NOT leave your dog in the car. Any dog left in a vehicle will be turned over to the local authorities/dog warden at the expense of the owner.
Helpful Tips to make your Altamont Fair experience more fun!
1. Make a plan of where to meet on the fairgrounds in case you are split up.
2. Make note of where you came in - all the gates are numbered.
3. Make sure to bring medications with you in case of an emergency.
4. Bring a stroller/wagon for the kids - there is a lot of ground to cover!
5. Bring sunscreen and apply often!
6. Lost child - Talk to your children about what to do if they get lost. All fair staff have been trained to assist. Make sure you have a recent picture of your child. We recommend taking a picture at the gate you entered in. Your child should go to a person with a name badge within a building, at any of the five gates or a person in a security uniform.
7. If you have a large party, be sure to designate a time and place to meet if you are separated.
8. Open toed shoes, sandals and flip-flops are not allowed on many of the rides.
9. Saving the midway for last. If you use Gate 5 off of Altamont-Voorheesville Rd, take a right as you enter the fairgrounds. This will take you in a counter clockwise direction around the entire fairgrounds, saving the rides until last.